Wednesday 26 January 2022

Is your organisation having difficulty with banking???

If so, please see below from Gerald Jones MP and please complete the survey - link below.

 I’m sure you’ll be aware that several high street banks and building societies have recently changed the services they offer to small charities, clubs, and community groups.  Accounts that previously incurred no charges have been withdrawn and many local groups are feeling the pressure.

 
Before entering Parliament, I worked with local community voluntary groups and I know how important it is for them to have access to banking services.  Whether it’s collecting members’ subscriptions, paying for the hire of a venue, or making charity donations, access to banking is vital for community organisations.
 
I’m keen to understand the full impact these decisions have had upon local groups and I wonder if you might be able to make groups in Merthyr Tydfil aware of the survey.  It can be accessed by visiting my website at: www.geraldjones.co.uk/community-banking-charges.


No comments:

Post a Comment