The St David Awards recognise and celebrate the achievements of people in Wales. They acknowledge people who are not simply doing their jobs, but rather those who are doing exceptional things and making a real difference to the quality of life in Wales.
The Awards reflect and promote the aspirations of Wales and its citizens to be a modern, vibrant country, with a growing reputation as a confident and clever nation valuing innovation, community spirit, and above all its people.
There are nine categories which are:
- the St David Award for Bravery
- the St David Award for Citizenship
- the St David Award for Culture
- the St David Award for Enterprise
- the St David Award for Innovation and Technology
- the St David International Award
- the St David Award for Sport
- the St David Young Person Award
- the First Ministers Special St David Award
Anyone who is living or has lived in Wales or has done exceptional service to the county can be nominated. Self-nominations are acceptable. Groups or teams of people are also welcome as nominees. Nominees do not have to be born in Wales or be a UK national either but they must have a meaningful link to Wales.
The nomination deadline for the 2016 Awards is 27 October 2015. For further details visit their website.