The Trustees of the Rest Bay Convalescent Hotel are winding up the charity and are dispersing their remaining funds via Wales Council for Voluntary Action (WCVA) through a grant application process.
The funding awarded by the Rest, totalling around £500,000,will be in the form of one-off, unrestricted donations of up to £100,000 each to the selected charities, but the process of selection will be by a competitive grant process, with applications scored against a number of criteria, including compatibility of aims and objectives, track record and value for money.
Who can apply?
Your organisation can apply if:
- it is a registered charity;
- it has a constitution or set of rules, dated and signed as ‘adopted’ by the chair, or other senior office holder on behalf of the organisation:
- it has a bank account, in the name of the organisation, which requires at least two signatures;
- it can provide a copy of the most recent audited accounts or statement of income and expenditure signed as approved by the chair or other senior office holder;
- your organisation’s activity takes place in South Wales; specifically in at least one of the following unitary authority areas: Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Neath Port Talbot, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Merthyr Tydfil, Newport, Rhondda Cynon Taff; Swansea, Torfaen, Vale of Glamorgan
- it provides support to individuals who are affected by ill health, work-limiting health conditions, disabilities or ageing and are in need of respite and / or recuperation. This could include carers and the families of those affected.
What can they apply for?
- Unrestricted funding to a maximum of £100,000.
When can they apply?
- By 4 pm on Monday 22 December 2014
- Please note: applications received after the closing time will not be considered.
- Only one application per charity will be considered
- Any attempt to canvass individual Trustees of the Rest regarding an application to the scheme will make that application ineligible
- Any Trustee of the Rest with an interest in any application will be excluded from the decision making process
Further information can be found on the WCVA website